[gptalk] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Ian Kibble" <ian.kibble@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:33:46 -0000

Hi Wayne,

We have same situation here where we need a shortcut to a URL on
everyone's desktop. Rather than using GPO's we call a vbs file from
within everyone's login script - hope the below helps:

Replace Yahoo.url with the label you wish to give the icon and replaced
the TargetPath with the required URL

Set WshSh1 = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

DesktopFolder = WshSh1.SpecialFolders("Desktop")

Set UrlShortcut = WshSh1.CreateShortcut(DesktopFolder + "\\Yahoo.url")

UrlShortcut.TargetPath = "http://www.yahoo.com";

UrlShortcut.Save

Ian