[gptalk]

  • From: Roger Bayne <rbayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:28:35 -0400

I have installed office 2003 with a GPO and a custom MST file. The only
thing

the MST does is Publisher from being installed.

I am uninstalling Office 2003 by disassociating the computer object with

the GPO. I watch Office 2003 being removed. However office still shows
up in

add and remove programs and if a user has a program shortcut on their
desktop

for one of the office 2003 products and they start the shortcut, it

reinstalls that product.

1. How do I get office to be removed completely?

2. If there are pieces that are left, how do I get the shortcut to stop

reinstalling the product?

Thanks

Roger L. Bayne
Syracuse University/University College
System/Network Administrator
MCSE, MCTS, CNE, Security+, Network+, A+,
"If you're not riding the wave of change....you'll find yourself beneath
it."
http://ucintranet.syr.edu/webpages/rbayne/
<blocked::blocked::http://ucintranet.syr.edu/webpages/rbayne/>