[gptalk] gpupdate question

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:52:12 +0000

Hello Everyone, I have a question that I need help with.

I have a memberserver Win2k3 SP1, that was placed in the wrong OU and got my
Windows XP Group Policy.

Then it was moved to the correct OU, and recieves the member server policy.

Every time I run "gpupdate /force" I get the following. Certain Computer
policies are enabled that can only run during startup.
ok to Reboot? (Y/N)

Every time that I refresh group policy it wants to reboot, I see 1704 events
that security policy in the group policy object has been applied successfully.

I've ran gpupdate as the local admin and as a domain admin.

If I try to run fport on the server as either a local admin or a domain admin I
get the following error
"You must have administrator privileges to run fport - exiting......

The local admin account is in the administrators group, and the domain admin
group is in the administrators group.

Could this be a registry tattoo from the xp policy that got applied? any
thoughts?

Thanks Everyone, take care and have fun --John