[gptalk] gpedit.log question

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:20:35 -0500

Thanks Darren,
I found out that the user had himself added to a group that I created
and use to filter a GPO that allows ADUC access only.  ;)
Mary

Hi Everyone,
I have a user who is having problems loading mmc snap-ins.  He also have
profile problems that wea re addressing.  While looking at his laptop I
found a gpedit.log (see contents below).  I'm not sure what it is
telling me.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.
GPEDIT(b8.cf0) 16:21:53:226 EscapeLdapPath: CoCreateInstance failed with
0x80040154
GPEDIT(ba8.bd8) 16:27:24:339 EscapeLdapPath: CoCreateInstance failed
with 0x80040154

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration

------------------------------

From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gptalk] Re: gpedit.log question
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:34:55 -0700

Mary-
I'm not sure those are meaningful. Basically they are saying that the
COM
object was unable to be instantiated. That could indicate that the
object
was not properly registered or something else. All in all, not very
useful.
What kinds of problems is the user having?