[gptalk] Re: drive access attention Doug

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:34:47 -0400

Eric,

in the normal security properties dialog, you will need to add all
accounts, such as Administrators, System, Power Users, etc. that match
the current permissions on the C: drive.  Then using the advanced
button, you can add the users group multiple times.  One of them is
configured as the left side, and this is the key... the Apply onto
field, needs to be set to "this folder only", then add the second entry
for the Users group, and in the apply onto field, make it "subfolders
and files only".  and configure that as the right diagram.  This makes
the first entry remove the users right to create folders or files on C:,
but allows them read/write access to all subfolders and files of C:.

We can take this offline, if you need more help.  Glad to see you're
testing it, as that is very important.  Crucial, in fact.

Doug Delaney
GM Desktop Engineering
Global Client Engineering GM
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx <mailto:Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx>

Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.