[gptalk] Re: adding shortcut to desktop

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:53:08 -0500

Those are not actually policies, so there is no ADMX template for them.
Vista SP1 RSAT and Server 2008 GPMC consoles have the new GPP editing
function built-in, but those settings can be interpreted by any machine
that has the client side extensions installed (which exist for
everything newer than Windows 2000). They are essentially just XML files
that the GPP CSE reads so that it knows what to do.

From: paullitsa@xxxxxxx
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:55:28 +0100

I had to write a VB script to do this, it's only about 4 lines long.