[gptalk] Re: ad printer publishing

  • From: "Graham Turner" <gturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:04:02 -0000 (GMT)

Tony, sorry 4 delay in this thread

have just a couple more questions on this if that is ok

1. the printad.doc implies that the DC chosen as target for publish is 'random
DC in
the print (server's) domain - is this process not site aware say as logon server
discovery. ?

2. read somewhere that the pruning process only works for print servers in same
site
as the DC - is this correct ?

would i read this as the DC only removing printer objects for printers in its
own
site ?

if this is the case, how is the scenario of having sites in which there are
print
servers & no DC's managed

do we fall back to mechanisms such as site coverage as in the login server case
?

GT