[gptalk] Re: access denied (security filtering)

  • From: "tan hs" <tanhsjunk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:15:30 +0800

Hi Daren,
Thanks for you reply.
Yes, clients are logging in without participating in the domain.  Yes,
the can logging as a remote user as long as they are the member of
Remote Desktop User group.
Yes, the default policy is "Authenticated Users" which means all users
successfully login.
If I dont want this policy to apply to all "Authenticated Users" but
to a new group of users, let says, "grp_limited" group which is a
member of "Remote Desktop Users" and "grp_limited" have a member
"user1".  By removing the  "Authenticated Users" from the policy and
adding the new group  "grp_limited", when 'user1' login using Remote
Desktop Connection, this policy will be Deined Access (security
filtering).
In short, I would like this user 'user1' in 'grp_limited' group to get
this policy applied regardless of computers they are logging from.
Please bare with me, becoz I am a beginner on GP.
Bye
Tan