[gptalk] Re: Website

  • From: Craig Meyer <craigmeyer8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:50:01 +0200

Fantastic Steve - you're a star. i will have a look at the link and hope i come
right. thanks once again

Craig Meyer

Subject: [gptalk] Re: WebsiteDate: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:44:05 +0100From:
Steve.Rochford@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Squid is free and I think will do what you want (as long as you can configure
users to get their web pages via a proxy rather than directly). It’s originally
a Unix program but there is a Windows version which is fairly easy to use. I
put my notes on how I set it up at http://techinfo.cnwl.ac.uk/Squid%20Proxy/
including details of where to get the Windows version and how to set an ACL to
block particular web sites.

By default it does log all access but this can be turned off. It doesn’t log
username unless you go through hoops (just requesting IP)

Steve

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Craig MeyerSent: 13 September 2007 06:29To:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Website

Thanks for the comments guys. Firstly funding for ISA 2006 is out of the
question now so i'm looking for something else. Not expensive but that will
work optimally. I will look at the workarounds you gave me. thank you very much
PS: With my SAV Enterprise edition i got Symantec Web Security 3.0 also which
is a proxy server according to the booklet. Have any of you experience in
working with this product and is it gud to implement it as a proxy?

Craig Meyer "He had no servants - yet they called Him Master, no degrees - yet
they called Him Teacher, no medicine - yet they called Him Healer, no army yet
the Kings feared Him. He won no military battles yet He conquered the world. he
commited no crime yet they crucified Him. He was burried in a tomb yet He lives
2day....”
Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW!
http://get.live.com/en-za/messenger/overview