[gptalk] Re: WMI Question

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:02:25 -0500

You can also use LIKE statements in your WMI filter. The following would
work for what you are trying to do.

SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Caption LIKE '%Windows XP%'

For more information on WMI filters, you can check out the following
Microsoft HOWTO. It breaks down the process and has some related links
you can visit to learn more about WMI.

HOWTO: Leverage Group Policies with WMI Filters
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555253>

Regards,

Jamie Nelson