[gptalk] WMI Not Working on all domain systems.

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:51:00 -0500

Hello everyone,

Happy New year!

I posted about this issue a while back and still have not found a
resolution.  I do have some more info about the issue:

WMI is not working on any of my domain computers

When I go to the advanced tab on my network connection properties I get
the following message:

"Windows cannot display the properties of this connection.  The Windows
Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted..."

I am not able to get any system information on any of my domain systems
except for my servers.   This issue occurs when ever I add a system to
my domain.

I think this problem emerged when I repaired a corrupted Admin template
on my default domain GPO.

I believe somehow a GPO is causing this issue on my systems but am not
able to determine what needs to be corrected.

has anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution to this?