[gptalk] Re: WMI Filters

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:17:42 -0500

Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms is much more efficient from what I have seen.
Win32_Product invokes msiexec, whereas the other is basically just enumerating
the registry.

Jamie Nelson | Operations Consultant | BI&T Infrastructure-Intel | Devon Energy
Corporation | Work: 405.552.8054 | Mobile: 405.200.8088 | http://www.dvn.com

From: "Thomas Marantz" <TomMarantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Great thanks for all the info.
>
> You are correct, GP times have been too long.
>
> I may just use security filtering.

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for
the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of
all or any portion of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.