[gptalk] Re: WMI Filters

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:22:59 -0700

If you are trying to exclude machines that have Office 2007 already installed
(or more specifically have Office 2003 installed), then something like this
might work, though I’m not in front of a machine to test it:

SELECT * FROM Win32_Product WHERE Caption LIKE "%Microsoft Office%" AND Caption
LIKE "%2003%"

That would likely evaluate to true only if Office 2003 were there.

Also, keep in mind that for whatever reason, my experience with enumerating
Win32_Product is that its very slow if you have a fair number of apps on a
system. So, keep an eye on GP Processing time after implementing this as it
could go to minutes.

Darren