[gptalk] Re: Update hosts file on XP PCs

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:28:55 +0100

Yes, you can use a Computer Startup script to perform the filecopy (you are
in the correct location within the GPO). This is done in the context of the
SYSTEM account, so make sure to give Domain Computers access to the network
share with the new HOSTS file.

The GPO must be linked to some OU (or the Domain Level) depending on how
many machines you want to "hit". You can filter this further with OU levels,
Security permissions or WMI filters.

Best regards

/Jakob H. Heidelberg