[gptalk] USB storage block problem.

  • From: "Ananth Rajagopal" <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:14:52 +0530

Hi all,

We have this script running in our Windows 2003 domain.

@echo off

:: *********DISABLE USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE********

regedit /s "\\Tai3dserver\SYSVOL\tai3d.com\scripts\disable.reg"

"\\Tai3dserver\SYSVOL\tai3d.com\scripts**\subinacl.exe" /keyreg
\system\currentcontrolset\services\usbstor /deny=system

the subinacl.exe deployment was advised by Mr. Ray Lewis, basically what the
script does is, it modifies a registry value such that usb removable storage
devices are not read by the system, but new usb storage devices are getting
accessed, how do i block the modification of this registry value? Kindly
suggest methods, I'm a novice in this...

best regards
Ananth.