[gptalk] Re: Trying to rename admin account

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:35:40 -0500

Also check your event logs on that machine and make sure you are not
having any issues with security policy applying. Sometime the secedit
database can get corrupt and has to be restored before security policy
will apply correctly.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>

        From: darren@xxxxxxxxxx
        To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:59:10 -0700

        One thing to note is that policy is a per-computer policy, which
means it requires either a background refresh of GP or, more likely, you
need to reboot the target computer to pick up the new name.

        Also, I'm curious why you first created the GPO linked to the
DCs OU. Are you really intending to rename the domain Administrator
account as well?

        Darren

                Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 06:27:56 -0500
                From: shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx
                To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                Are you logging on with a local or domain admin account?

                Shane M. Williford

                Systems Administrator

                MCSE, MCSA Sec, Sec+, Net+, A+

                Mazuma Credit Union