[gptalk] Re: Temporarily running without a GC ...how to prepare for it.

  • From: "Mills, Mark" <Mark.Mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:10:00 -0500

Thanks for the info Omar - you have a substantial amount of information
there which obviously shows your expertise in the matter.  From what I
gather when the clients can't find a local GC, DC, or ISTG server in
their site, they will then look outside their site for information. I
guess that means that they may still use a GC from another site as long
as the link between sites is up.  Obviously if the Exchange server is
not in the same site and the site link is down, then the users are
pretty well hosed for sending email, but if they were in cached mode
they would still have their contact list, calendar and a copy of all
email prior to the disaster.

I guess as an admin you do what you can (within budget) and make sure
you have analyzed possible disaster scenarios before they happen.
Thanks again for all your help.

Mark Mills