[gptalk] Re: Sysvol

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 06:43:26 +0000

The default permissions should be sufficient. Everyone read, list , execute
nothing more.

Subject: [gptalk] Re: SysvolDate: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:28:47 +0100From:
ian.kibble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

While on the subject of SYSVOL – what are the recommended security permissions
for the SYSVOL folder as well as it’s child “scripts” folder, I feel an
employee before me may have tinkered them.

Thanks

Ian

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jakob H. HeidelbergSent: 28 May 2008 16:58To:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: Sysvol

No Systemstate backup? Major bummer dude!
However, are you sure that these scripts are not just placed on some other
network location (UNC path)? What I mean is, maybe the GPO script references
are just paths like \\DC\Share\Scripts\MyLoveletter.vbs? ;-)
/Jakob
On Wed, 28 May 2008 14:37:56 +0100, minesh pandya wrote > Hi all.. > > My
Sysvol has been lost... hard to do - never-the-less it has been lost through a
sequence of events.. > I have recovered the GPO policy files [for
Sysvol\policies] from my local cache so thats all good but I am still missing
the contents of the "scripts" folder...and I dont have a backup DC or backup
tape.. > > Does anyone know how I can get these scripts off a pc? as all of the
pc's in the domain are still running the scripts... > the scripts included a
startup script and a login script - all vbs files... > I have done a simple
search on the pc but to no avail... > > Help would be appreciated... > > -- >
Regards > > Minesh Pandya -- Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
 Ltd is registered in England. Registered office at Vintners Place, 68 Upper
Thames Street, London EC4V 3BJ. Company number 3170722. VAT No. 749 324
021.Complinet Inc is a corporation registered in Delaware, USA.”This email has
been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.