[gptalk] Re: Speech Marks in ADM template values

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:24:41 -0700

Right. I looked in the "bible" for writing ADMs-the MS whitepaper-and didn't
find any reference to literals. You could try just putting the quotes in
quotes (e.g. ""%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\setup50.exe" /APP:WAB
/CALLER:WINNT /user /install"

and see if it parses it correctly, but I kinda doubt it. Also, you could try
using the standard escape character (\), as in "\"%ProgramFiles%\Outlook
Express\setup50.exe\" /APP:WAB /CALLER:WINNT /user /install"

again-that's just a shot in the dark.

Darren

****

Darren Mar-Elia

CTO & Founder

SDM Software, Inc.

www.sdmsoftware.com

Finally, script Group Policy Settings with the NEW GPexpertT Scripting
Toolkit For PowerShell at http://www.sdmsoftware.com/products2.php!