[gptalk] Re: Security Filtering Computer Based Policies

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:48:27 -0700

Ben-

When you add/remove computers from security groups, it typically requires a
reboot of the computer for it to pick that group membership in its token. I
have heard, which could explain what you're seeing, that this group
membership is refreshed during a Kerberos ticket refresh, which I believe
happens every 8 hours by default, but I haven't tested it yet.

Darren