[gptalk] Re: Screen Saver ADM feasibility

  • From: "David Cliffe" <dc31hz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:55:23 -0500

Hi Alan/Jamie...thanks for your replies.  I have not done any testing of GPP
yet..may be time to start.

Alan, I was hesitant to turn on loopback for the machines in question
because I tested this on one machine and then used your policy reporter
(thanks again!) to analyze the log afterwards.  I saw a bunch of policies
being evaluated twice (expected I presume) and realized that the loopback
will apply for ALL of the machine's GPOs (not just this one).  So I became
concerned I may open Pandora's box and increase logon time or something
(though there are no significant policy processing problems to date).
Anyway I could be way off...it may work out fine, but figured best to
investigate all options first, hence my post.

I need to mull this over a bit.

-DC