[gptalk] Re: Restricted Groups

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr OC-ALC/ITMA" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:11:11 -0500

When you use restricted groups the local membership of the group will mirror
what is defined in Group Policy on any workstation that is within the scope
of the GPO.

You could remove the unwanted users by configuring the membership of the
Administrator group to nothing, but the removal of the existing local admins
you had setup before this happened is probably not reversible. I can't think
of a way you could get them back.

Regards,

Jamie

  _____