[gptalk] Restrict access to Drives (Windows 2000)

  • From: Linux'o Mania <linuxomania@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:31:58 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,

  I've Windows 2000 domain (no sites) with around 500 computer accounts & 1500
user accounts.
  I've applied a GPO which restricts users from doing anything but their work.
  They're not supposed to access drives/USB Storage devices. They've got access
to notepad as they're supposed to note down their stuff (but are not supposed
to save anything).

  Now the problem is that when they use File > Save option, it disaplays the
message that "You don't have access to it". After they click on "Ok", Common
Dialog box (Save) is displayed. If they click on My Computer, they can't see
C:\ Drive, but if they type C:\File.txt, it is saved.

  How can I solve this issue? Please help :(

  Is there any way I can disable Save/Open in option in File menu, or can I
disabled entire File Menu???

  Regards,
  LP

your freeaccount today.