[gptalk] Re: Restrict Users From Creating Shares

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:14:45 -0500

As long as you can get a Vista "Administration" system running for yourself,
you can create GPOs which configure GPPEs in a Windows Server 2003 DC
environment. That said, you do also have to deploy your down-level systems with
the GPPE client extensions so they can look for and read them (they are stored
as XML files within the GPOs in SYSVOL). However, as MS has released them,
GPPEs do not go back to Windows 2000 devices.

Also, note that ADMX templates create the same "GPO configuration files" in
SYSVO (Registry.Pol, etc.) as the ADM templates, so that is not an issue.

Jerry Cruz | Group Policies Product Manager | Windows Infrastructure
Architecture (http://wia.web.boeing.com<http://wia.web.boeing.com/>) | Boeing IT
Office 425-865-6755 | Mobile 425-591-6491