[gptalk] Re: Registry to ADM

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:19:40 +1100

Hi Sunshine,

I think this is probably the dreaded "View Policies Only" feature

By default it GPMCX only displays "non Tattooed" policies (i.e. those in the
"Software/Policies" or "Software/Microsoft/Current Version/Policies" keys).

On a Windows 2000 workstation, to see tattooed policies you must select
"Administrative Templates" in the left panel, then Unclick "View/Show
Policies Only".

On XP the setting is under View/Filtering/Only show policy settings that can
be fully managed check box. You must uncheck it. Unfortunately, XP doesn't
seem to remember the setting between sessions.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>