[gptalk] Re: Redeploy App & Startup Scripts

  • From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:43:52 -0800

Robert-
A startup script should run every time you reboot the system regardless of
whether the GPO changes or not. If you have logic in the script to only copy
the file if its not there already, then that would be a different story.
However, a redeploy of a package will cause that app to perform an MSI repair
operation, which, if some of the files in the share have been updated, would
likely cause the app to pick up these newer versions.

Darren