[gptalk] Question about group policy, domains and Security Center interaction

  • From: Analog Fan <analogitech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 23:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

Adding a Vista system to a Windows domain disables user access to the Security
Center. According to Microsoft, you can re-enable Security Center manually with
Group Policy Object Editor by editing Local Computer Policy/Computer
Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Security Center and
selecting "Turn on Security Center (Domain PCs only)".

My problem is I need to embed this functionality into an application that will
be used on domain PC's with admin privileges. Is there an equivalent command
line or registry command that achieves this?

Thanks for any help!

Analog

Building a website is a piece of cake.