[gptalk] Re: Proxy settings reverting to old proxy server

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:31:48 -0700

Sounds like something is going on during background refresh to revert your
settings. I am assuming you are using IE Maintenance policy to deliver proxy
settings? You're not using IE Maintenance Preference mode, are you? In any
case, you might want to try the following. For all the computers where this
is happening, set the following policy to process IE Maintenance policy even
if there are no GP changes:

Computer Configuration\Admin Templates\System\Group Policy\IE Maintenance
Policy Processing\Process even if Group Policy Objects have not changed

Let us know if that works.

Darren