[gptalk] Re: PLS help with grouped policies for my audit!!!

  • From: "Scott Klassen" <klas9574@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:01:40 -0600

Best Practices aren't something that you decide and then get certified.
They are generally proscribed by the vendor (manufacturer) of a specific
product, be it hardware or software.  Best Practice would be the generally
accepted way of doing/configuring something to achieve a certain goal.  The
goal would be an important point, as the settings could be different
depending on what your trying to do.  An example of this would be if you
were configuring something for pure usability, which would most likely be
very different than configuring that same thing for pure security.  There
are also some Best Practices that operate at a higher level than any
specific product, which fall under the category of common sense.  Two good
examples of this for disaster recovery would be to regularly test backups
and to document everything.

Scott Klassen