[gptalk] Re: Outlook 2k3 Junkmail Filter changes

  • From: Omar Droubi <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:21:47 -0800

Someone else just asked me this last week- and there is a way to modify the
safe or allowed list but I have not tried it:

You can use the Outlook 2003 ADM templates and use group policy.

For o2k3- set the overwrite or append junk mail import list to append- then
specify the path to the safe sender list example
\\domain.com\outlooksafe\outlooksafedomains.txt<file:///\\domain.com\outlooksafe\outlooksafedomains.txt>
 then set permissions on this file to read only except for admins and add your
domains in there but I am not sure if wildcard domains will work or not. Also-
you need to lab this up to make sure it works for you- plus you may need to
adjust some of the other junk mail settings to get the functionality you desire.

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=ba8bc720-edc2-479b-b115-5abb70b3f490&displayLang=en

I haven't tried this myself- so no warranties apply- let me know if it works :)

Omar