[gptalk] Order of Operations

  • From: "Jonathan Finkbiner" <JFinkbiner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:54:45 -0400

I have a GPO that establishes some links in IE through the use of
Internet Explorer maintenance and then I have a gpo that fires off a
script that copies these links from the "\documents and
settings\<username>\favorites" folder to the "\documents and
settings\<username>\desktop\". I have a problem where the script seems
to be firing off first and then the favorites get produced. I have tried
moving around the link order and that really doesn't help me out much.
The links seem to populate the desktop after the user logs on a second
time. Does anyone have an explanation on why this occurs? Is there a way
to get the Favorites established first and then fire off the script?

Jonathan Finkbiner <mailto:jfinkbiner@xxxxxxx>

Information Services

Support Analyst

Lifestyle Family Fitness <http://www.lff.com/>