[gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:54:09 +0000

I was refering to this listing :) gptalk. never heard of a mvp mailing listing.
maybe those mvp geeks have em but i sure don't :P

From: klas9574@xxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP
goodiesDate: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:01:15 -0600

Thanks for the clarification.

Scott Klassen

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Darren Mar-EliaSent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:26 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

I think Hans was referring to this list (gptalk). There is no MVP GP list.
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to GP MVPs emailing back and forth
with the GP product group.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Scott KlassenSent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:24 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

What’s the subscription information?

Thanks,

Scott Klassen

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:46 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

yes all are welcome to subscribe to this list.

From: prankmonkey@xxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP
goodiesDate: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 19:28:22 +1100

Can anyone subscribe to this gp mvp list?

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Darren Mar-EliaSent: Saturday, 9 February 2008 1:06 PMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

Good information Scott. Thanks. I’m sure we will here soon when this stuff hits
the streets.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of SCOTT KLASSENSent: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:48 PMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP goodies

Wow that was quick.  Thanks for the info.  Lol, I remember when "SOON" was like
a manta in MS OS betas.  It was a running gag in the newsgroups for XP and 2000
before that.  I can't even remember for anything prior to that anymore.   Yes I
do, but as far as the ones currently posted on Connect, the RSAT tools are
definately not final and missing some tools (DNS comes to mind) which are
listed in the documentation and won't install on Vista SP1 RTM unless you do a
command line boogie workaround.  As far as the GPP preferences that are posted,
I get the feeling those aren't quite final either.  Some testers have been
playing with them this week and have found that there are issues with the
filtering not working correctly. Scott Klassen

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: New GP
goodiesDate: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:37:33 -0800

My understanding is that they will be available soon. This question was asking
on the GP MVP list and the product team’s response was “soon”. If you have a
connect.microsoft.com account you can get them now, though its not clear to me
that they are RTM.

Darren

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of SCOTT KLASSENSent: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:33 PMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] New GP goodies

Anybody on the list "in the know" as to whether Group Policy Preferences
Extensions and RSAT tools have RTM'ed?  It would make sense since Server 2008
and Vista SP1 are now RTM.  Not asking for when they will be released or where
to get them now, just if they are finalized or not, so shouldn't be any sort of
big NDA issue. Thanks, Scott Klassen