[gptalk] Re: Mixed region & langauge settings - Central Store structure

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:47:20 -0400

Carol-

Typically, if you are running a non En-US version of Windows and are editing
a GPO from Vista or 2008 with the Central Store in place, then your folder
structure would reflect the language you are running Windows on (e.g.):

\\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions

\\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions\en-us
<file:///\\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions\en-us>     (for
English US Windows)

\\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions\fr-ch
<file:///\\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions\fr-ch>   (for
Swiss French Windows)

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question.

Darren