[gptalk] Re: Merging actual applied settings of different policies into one policy.

  • From: "Victor W." <victor-w@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:48:43 +0100

Thanks for this, Darren and John.
Your input is greatly appreciated. I will check out if ActivePolicies comes
close to what we are looking for. I will also do some additional
investigation into coding it.

Since we until now have only run into this situation once, it would probably
be easier and faster to just create a GPO and manually add all the settings
from the Group Policy Modeling report to it, even though we are talking
about 20 pages of settings we would have to add to that GPO ;-). If in the
future we would run into the same issue, we would surely think about
purchasing a tool for it or trying to code it ourselves.

Cheers,

Victor

From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Ah, right--no you can't do that either :). The export of that report is
just
> HTML or XML and doesn't import back into a GPO. What you're after is
> effectively what I described, which is that you want to merge multiple
GPOs'