[gptalk] Re: Lost MSI

  • From: "Igor Sundic" <igor.sundic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:16:52 +0100

Hi Minesh,

Windows installer caches the MSI and MST files locally in

The files are renamed and in order to find out which one is the one you're
looking for, go to
There you should have a key referring to the system account for the MSIs
installed per machine and user SIDs for the MSIs installed per user. Most
likely you'd have a per machine installation as you installed the
application on a server.

So under
GUID>\InstallProperties key, look up LocalPackage value which should point
you to the cached MSI

Hope this helps