[gptalk] Re: I Need The Perfect Desktop WMI Filter

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:19:35 -0800

You can certainly use a NOT operator in a query but that doesn't help when
what you're trying to find a lack of instances. The key would be to see if
there is a way to form a query that results in true if no instances of a
class (e.g. Win32_Battery) are found. I haven't found a way to do that yet,
but I'm guessing it is possible with the right syntax.

No changes to this in 2008, btw.

Darren