[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Setting to Configurate a Enterprise Power Scheme for XP SP2 workstations

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:31:06 +1100

Hi John,

I have not done this myself, but I know it is not possible to manage via a
simple ADM file because the settings are buried in binary records. However,
I have the following note from Mathieu CHATEAU who answered a similar
question here last year:-

-Install a small Msi to all computers, EZ-GPO.msi -Use the ADM from EZ-GPO

Everything is here:

http://www.terranovum.com/projects/energystar/index.html

You will need to deploy the GPO FIRST, and then deploy the small MSI.

If you do not do so, you will have to reboot computers.

The MSI install an NT Service that reads the GPO setting on start

Best of luck

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir