[gptalk] Re: Group Policy Error

  • From: "Salandra, Justin" <jsalandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:26:23 -0500

Ok thanks

Justin A. Salandra

Network Engineer

Transatlantic Reinsurance Co.

80 Pine Street

7th Floor

New York, NY 10005

P: 212.770.2157

C: 917.455.0110

jsalandra@xxxxxxxxxxx

________________________________

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:55 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: Group Policy Error

Well the default is that its enabled and running so you shouldn't need
to do anything explicitly. Some shops get serious about hardening their
systems, which can include disabling services. You could use GP to
ensure its always set to automatic, but if an administrator comes along
and disables it, then its not going to get that next GP processing event
to tell it to go back to automatic (chicken, meet egg), so I only point
it out here as a possible troubleshooting step.

Darren