[gptalk] Re: General question about Machine and User Policy

  • From: "Martin Hugo" <Martin_Hugo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:13:19 -0400

Ah, that clarifies something for me.  Thanks very much (Daren too).  I
have been allocating network printers to machines by using the user
portion of  a GPO and applying it to a machine OU (with merge) and it
gives the printers to every user who logs on.  If however, I understand
you correctly, I could apply the same (or similar) policy to the users OU
and that user would see the same printer no matter what machine he or she
logged into, correct?

Martin T. Hugo
Network Administrator
Hilliard City Schools