[gptalk] General Question about Group Policy / Software Deployment.

  • From: Dave Sharples <dave.sharples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:33:15 +0000

Hi, general question really. Do many people still use group policy for pushing
out software or have you migrated onto other means. If you use different tools
do you have a way of delegating access to other departments (while maintaining
overall control) so they can manage their own machines.

If still on group policy how do you deal with uninstalling stuff which wasn't
part of an MSI (we have an issue where we do a remove policy) but laptops might
not be back on the domain for a few months and might miss it

Thanks

Dave