[gptalk] Re: GPO for Hardware Profiles

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:33:01 -0500

Not sure if this would work, but it might be possible to use a WMI
filter to check the chassis type and then apply a GPO to disable the
Wireless Zero Configuration service.

Otherwise, I don't believe you can actually control hardware profiles
through Group Policy. At least not natively anyway. There may be some
third party stuff that does it, but I can't say for sure.

//signed//
Jamie R Nelson
Systems Engineer
Ingenium Corporation