[gptalk] GPO annoyances.. ?

  • From: hboogz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:54:34 -0500

Hey All -

Windows 2003 R2 server.

Windows XP SP2 clients.

I have a GPO setting applied and enforced on an OU that contains one user
called LAB1.

I had some desktop settings such as, prohibit saving settings, prohibit
changing desktop, etc related to desktop lockdown)

I've disabled some of these settings under the advise of management, but a
few of the lab machines that this user logs into, still retains these
settings and prevents me from changing wallpaper!

i've done an rsop.msc with none of those settings being applied. i've
checked the local computer policy (mmc/group policy object editor/local
computer) but still nothing.

i ahve the GPO's loopback processing mode set to merge right now.

any ideas would be great as i'm stumped ?

is there a way to purge the gpt/gpc cache from the local machine ?

HBooGz:\>