[gptalk] GPO Differences between 32 and 64 bit server 2003

  • From: "Tech" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:02:42 -0700

Hi there,

I am a newbie to this, so forgive me if I am asking something that is
rudimentary. I have two servers in my office, each with its own domain. They
are both running Windows Server 2003, although one is a 32 bit version and
one is a 64 bit version. On my 32 bit version, I have enabled a policy to
"Turn off 'Delete Browsing History' Functionality" so that we can monitor
the activities of users on work machines. But we also need to enable this on
the 64 bit OS and I don't see it on there. I have been trying to figure out
if I need to download more GPO's from Microsoft, but that seems like a dead
end. Can I copy the policies onto a removable media source and then paste it
into the 64 bit system, and if so, I guess I am needing to know exactly
where to copy from and to. Can you shed some light on this for me? This is
the first time that I have tried to play with GPO's and I think that they
seem really cool, if I could get it to work!

Thank You,

Lef Hylton

IT Guy, No Worries Corporation