[gptalk] GPO Delegation problems.

  • From: "Mike Johnston" <mijohnst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 22:38:42 -0600

I don't know what I did or how to fix it... I hope someone here knows... lol

I was using the Group Policy Management Snap-in to modify the GPO for a
domain that I was working on and something happened.  I don't know what I
changed, but now when I go down the "Default Domain Policy" I get an "Access
is Denied" message.  When I click on the "Delegations" tab it gives me that
same error and then the entire tab is just solid gray.  I've even tried
logging in as the one Administrator account for the domain but I have the
same problem.  My account is a Domain Administrator, Enterprise
Administrator and Schema Admin.  I just want to know how I can gain back the
access for Domain Admins to delegate the policy.  I have no idea what I did
because I don't remember saying yes to anything that would cause this.  I'm
also very surprised the GPO would let me make a change like that also.
Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for the help!