[gptalk] Re: GPMC

  • From: "Gary Noyes" <gwnoyes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:00:14 -0500

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response, let me add a bit more information. We have 6 domain
controllers in two different sites, 3 in one and 3 in the other. Interesting
thing about this setup is that the two sites are not over WAN links, all DC's
are in the same data center on the same subnet plugged into the same switch,
but separated into two different VLANs. These are separated for the purpose of
our Identity Management system. I'm not sure if this could be a cause to my
problem, but my GPMC tool is pointing to the DC that I authenticate to and the
one that holds the PDC emulator role.

I tried the scripts and same thing, it hanges at the following,
  -- Where this GPO is linked (Sites,Domain,OU) --
I hope this helps a little bit because so far it hasn't helped me figure this
out. I thought that it was just because we have so many OU's and it parses
through all of them, but I'm hoping to be wrong and get this resolved.

Gary