[gptalk] Re: GP0 Questions

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:03:52 +0000

Paul,

For distributing software to computers or users please visit the
www.microsoft.technet site and search there a bit.

You can only publish or assign software. You really don't need a video for this
one :)

You need to remember which options you can use with a User or with a Computer.
Maybe Darren can quickly answer it or make a tabsheet of it :)

groet,
Hans Straat
www.datacrash.net

From: paulevison@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] GP0
QuestionsDate: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:09:01 +0000

Hi

I sat my 70-294 exam last week but was unsuccessful, there were several
question that I did not know the answers to about GPO

If the SYSVOL folder became corrupt, you had a copy of the policies file and
could see the GPO’s in AD, how would you recover (pick two).

A, in the SYSVOL folder create folder “DOMAIN”, Create “Policies” folder,
Create {6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}, Create Machine and User.

B, in the SYSVOL folder create another “sysvol” folder, create folder
“DOMAIN”, Create “Policies” folder, Create
{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}, Create Machine and User.

C, In AD browse to and open the policy file and close them

D, in AD browse to and open, the policy file make a change and save them

If you have 3 GPO’s linked to an OU, I think the GPO at the bottom of the list
(ie No3) is processed first then No2 and then No1, is this correct?

I know this isn’t really GPO stuff but if you are in the Schema manager and you
make a class active and the class does not appear in the attributes container.
How do you make it easily searchable and add it to the Global catalog, normally
you can find it in the attributes container right click it select properties
and select it there, is there some setting hidden in the class that needs
setting?

Last question I promise

Is there any information (Videos) about deploying software to Computers/Users
using GPO?

Thank you for all of your help

Cheers

Paul

Live Search delivers results the way you like it. Try live.com now!
available at //www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/ ************************