[gptalk] Re: GP startup scripts

  • From: Reza Alikhani <imprise_server@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:07:11 -0800 (PST)

Use the instruction on the following Web page to successfully implement
installing scripts on remote computers.

I have used this method several times without any problem in several large
organizations.

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/inf-file.htm

Good Lock

Dave Palombi <dave.palombi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: This is what is in my cmd file

regedit /s \\bluewater\netlogon\pointclickcareRoot.reg

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Nelson, Jamie R
<Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
               You may also need to make sure you are correctly referencing the
location of the .reg file in your .cmd script. Assuming all the registry
entries you're making are in HKLM, make sure you are running this as a startup
script (under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts > Startup)
and not as a user logon script. If you have user based entries you are making
in HKCU those will need to be in a separate .reg file and imported via a second
.cmd script that runs at user logon (User Configuration > Windows Settings >
Scripts > Logon).

  What kind of registry entries are you making? Have you already checked to
make sure you can't do the same with native Administrative Template settings in
a GPO?

  Regards,

    Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information Technology |
I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax 405.553.5687 |
http://www.integrisok.com