[gptalk] Re: GP Preferences & RSAT

  • From: "Thomas Marantz" <TomMarantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:14:40 -0800

Where is the RSAT download located?

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of FlowMaN
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: GP Preferences & RSAT

Thanks for the info. I've installed the RSAT beta to Vista SP1 RTM, and
works fine. :)

--
Otto Horvath
[MS MVP - Group Policy]

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Darren Mar-Elia
<darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks-

Just an FYI, I got some information about Group Policy Preferences and
RSAT (Remote Server Admin. Tools). The first is that RSAT will not be
available as a separate download until "late March". What I did hear is
that MS is trying to get a beta version out there that works with Vista
SP1 in the meantime.

With respect to Group Policy Preferences and DesktopStandard PolicyMaker
co-existence/migration, MS has some plans to deliver a script that will
convert PolicyMaker settings to GPP settings, but no timeframe yet on
that.

Hope that information helps J

Darren

****

Darren Mar-Elia

CTO & Founder

SDM Software, Inc.

www.sdmsoftware.com <http://www.sdmsoftware.com/>

Comprehensive Group Policy Backup & Recovery with SDM Software's
GPExpert(tm) Backup Manager for Group Policy at
www.sdmsoftware.com/products.php