[gptalk] Re: Folder redirection and offline files relationship

  • From: Shane Williford <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:34:51 -0500

Prankmonkey,
Your question is a tad confusing, but let me give it a shot...

Yes, by default, if you set folder redirection, offline file/synchronization
occurs as well. If you have Offline Files enabled, synchronization will occur
when a user logs off/shuts down their laptop and that places (yes) a copy of
folders & files locally on their system. Once re-connected to the network,
synchronization will reoccur and any file/folder modifications made locally
will be updated on the network. So yes, the only way the network file would get
updated is for the user to reconnect to the network.

Shane M. Williford
Systems Administrator
MCSE, MCSA Sec, Sec+, Net+, A+
Mazuma Credit Union