[gptalk] Re: FindOrphanedGPOsInSYSVOL.wsf

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:35:31 -0800

Jason-
That script looks at all the GPT folders in SYSVOL and, based on the GUID,
then looks in AD to see if the GPO is missing the AD side. The assumption
there is that somewhere along the way, you deleted a GPO but its GPT (SYSVOL
part) did not get deleted along with the GPC (AD part). I would be highly
suspect that you are getting 67 orphans. I would do a manual spot check of
the AD GP container to verify that indeed those GUIDs that its finding are
not in AD.